Facts, Answers & Questions
1. What’s your name & how do I say it? My name is Moni(sola) Oyedepo. Moan–ee–soul–ah Oh–yay–day–poe
2. What do you do? I am a “young professional” who is a little restless working for “The Man” and am trying to figure out why I was created, what my purpose is and how I can make the most of the life I’ve been blessed with, while mastering the art of the selfie in the process – ya know along with the other hundreds of thousands of millennials trying to do the same thing.
3. What do you blog about? I blog about all the random things that interest me. As I approach my quarter century mark, I’ll write about my many successes and inevitable fails. Whether I’m sharing a story of how I and my friends are navigating our 20s or my two-cents on current events or sharing a YouTube link that made me smile – I gather my thoughts, make them coherent and publish them for all the world (and you) to enjoy.
4. What Excites You? Meeting new people. I love interacting with people and hearing their stories. There’s something about getting to know people and finding a way to connect with them that interests me. If I can figure out a way to meet people, hear their stories, share their life with the world and make it a career, I think I would have found the ‘golden ticket’ to my purpose.
5. Your views on Politics? Religion? Culture? You’ll just have to be a dedicated reader to find out!
6. What Song Could You Play on Repeat for 24hrs? “Sweater Weather” – The Neighbourhood, “Ain’t No Sunshine” – Bill Withers, “Don’t Look Back” – Miguel, “Hanging On” – Ellie Goulding, “The Crying Game“ – Nicki Minaj/Jessi Ware, “BBHMM” – Rihanna, “Wake” – Hillsong Young & Free, “Waiting Game” – Banks, “Worst Behavior” – Drake, “Drunk In Love (Remix)” – Beyoncé/Jay Z/Kanye West
**I must say that I have a slightly addictive personality. It took me about 45 mins to cut this list down to 10 songs. All of these songs and more I’ve played at least three days in a row without a problem. My roommates may hate the repetitiveness, but Zzzz**
7. Favorite Memory? Top three all include my family. Don’t tell them. They’d take it to their heads.
8. Piece of advice? Get a passport and use it. There is so much more to this world than viewing it through a computer screen. How else can you be vastly underwhelmed to seeing the Mona Lisa unless you visit it yourself?!